Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Perception Management

There is something about managing your perception well that an MBA teaches most of us. Knew a couple of people at this place...more than a couple actually, who pretend to be something else and are something else. Of course, this won't make sense to an uninitiated reader (or for that matter, even an initiated one for I am not the credible types..) But this is a place that brings out the true colors of a lot of us.

Its good in a way that it really leads to a widening of your horizons, your perspectives. I am not pessimistic about people. Have been one of the most optimistic ones in believing them in the first instance. Ok...my blog, maybe I am taking the benefit of the fact and being blabbermouth about myself. But just in case, my faith got reaffirmed in all this by a couple of incidents that took place very recently. Only thing is that its hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. Everyone is here with a purpose, with a stupid agenda and it does not matter to them what it takes to complete that.

Afterall, its not the means but the end.

P.S. In the race for all this, I quit. I quit to strive hard to manage what people think of me....they don't think any good..and they won't :) I wait for the next moment of humiliation at the hands of anyone and everyone who wants to have a grab at it. And I will try again to not get affected..and I quit before losing out...my faith, my dignity and...everything else.

2 comments:

Amneet Singh said...

sorry yaar..no more jokes at ur expense...never knew u felt so bad about all this..

Ishita said...

Hey
Some of us do seem to think that you are awesome (slightly crazy, slightly attention seeking and irritating...but wonderful in the way every person is.. only a little more)
Just promise to not sing when i am around and i might even be willing to say this in public, do we have a deal ?